→Background → SMDP
Special Manpower Development Program in VLSI Design & Related
- Major elements of the program were:
- Establishing of VLSI Design Laboratory.
- Training of Laboratory Technicians.
- Instruction Enhancement Program (IEP) for faculties of
- Development of Learning Materials (LMs).
- Teaching on VLSI Design & related software at
B.E./B.Tech Level, ME/M.Tech in the areas of
Electronics/Communications, Computer Science/Instrumentation
etc, ME/M.Tech in VLSI Design and Microelectronics and Ph.D in
various aspects of VLSI Design and CAD.
- Project Details:
- Total Outlay: Rs. 14.99 Crores
- Duration- 7 Years (1998-2005)
- Implementing Organizations:
- 7 Resource Centers (Including 5 IITs, IISc Bangalore
and CEERI Pilani)
- 12 Participating Institutes (All NITs established till
2005 and some Government academic institutions including new
- Project Outcomes:
were trained at Post Graduate and Doctoral levels to generate key
catalyst in area of Microelectronics in the country. A total
number of 9349 students were trained at various levels under this
||M.S (Research)/ Ph.D in VLSI Design
||M.Tech in VLSI Design
||M.Tech (others with atleast 2 VLSI Courses)
||B.Tech (with atleast 2 VLSI Courses)
Content owned & provided by Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India
Site Developed and Managed by C-DAC Delhi.
Copyright © 2022